Growing up in the family home, baths always seemed like a luxury. It is certainly a luxury I still enjoy today and there is absolutely no reason not to love them. Did you know that there are so many benefits of a bath time for your body? Here are some of my favourite reasons why I soak every now and then
- Improves blood circulation - encasing your body in hot water is like a workout for your blood vessels. The water creates a physical pressure on the body making the heart pump slightly faster than usual, allowing blood to flow freely within the body. This is particularly useful if you are a person who suffers from headaches or migraines.
- Relaxes muscles - this is one of my main reasons for getting in the bathtub. Something has never felt so good after an intense leg day. The hot water helps to heat up your muscles, loosening them up. I like to add a hand full of epsom salt, a little bicarb soda and a couple of drops of lavender oil to really help relax.
- Aids in weight-loss - there are studies that have indicated that taking a hot bath on a regular basis assists with weight-loss.
- Getting rid of a cold - the heat of the bath water helps to keep our bodies warm, whilst the steam from the tub helps to clear mucous from our throats and nose.
- Cleansing - the most relevant reason for hopping into the bath is just to feel clean. Let yourself soak in the bathtub for a good 20-30 minutes and before getting out, use a loofa to get rid of any dead skin. You may be left both amazed and disgusted at just how effective this is.
Every once in a while, treat yourself to a relaxing bath. However, if you don't have a bathtub at home, try a foot bath with the largest bowl or bucket you own. There are benefits in that too. Click here to check out our Pinterest for some more bath time inspirations.
Image sourced from Pinterest